Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Speaking of Wal-Mart

So it is not very often that you will find me in a Wal-Mart. I tend to avoid this store at all cost. However, tonight, Brad asked me to pick up the movie Mamma Mia before I came home from work. Well, living where I live in West Valley, Target is not always the most convenient store for me. Against my better judgement, I went to Wal-Mart in Taylorsville. What was I thinking? Wal-Mart - one week before Christmas? One hour, one DVD, a loaf of bread and tub of butter later, I was finally leaving the store. It's not worth it! I know that and have re-promised not to do this again. Only at Wal-Mart can I get hit in the butt while waiting to check out because the old lady behind me doesn't think the 10 people in front of me are moving fast enough. Only at Wal-Mart would people take 2 basket fulls of stuff through the "self check out line''. Only on the way home from Wal-Mart did I realize I drive right past a K-Mart (another place I never go) to get there and their parking lot was empty. Next time Brad asks me to do something - don't let me go to Wal-Mart just because it's closer. If anything, at least let me remember that K-Mart is closer. Or better yet, I'll just drive to Target in West Jordan. I already had a bad day - did I really have to put myself through the torture of Wal-Mart??

1 comment:

  1. Wal-Mart is the devil. Devil I tell you!

    http://walmartwatch.com/

    http://wakeupwalmart.com/

    http://www.walmartworkersrights.org/

    ReplyDelete